Max User limit on Cumulus

rajan chandi

Nov 21, 2011, 9:04:28 AM11/21/11
to openrtmf...@googlegroups.com
Hi Friends,

Adobe's Cirrus solution has max. concurrent user limit of 10,000 users.

Given that Cumulus also requires Cirrus keys to function - What is maximum user limit while using Cumulus?

Best
Rajan

cumulus dev

Nov 21, 2011, 9:11:40 AM11/21/11
to openrtmf...@googlegroups.com
Cumulus requires Cirrus key?? You learn me one thing :-)
I don't understand, maybe my approximative english ;-)

rajan chandi

Nov 21, 2011, 10:28:41 AM11/21/11
to openrtmf...@googlegroups.com

It seems like I was wrong:-

In "man-in-the-middle" mode (see command-line argument cirrus in usage part) you must indacted on side flash your Cirrus key developer.

_netConnection.connect("rtmfp://localhost/KEY");

Of course "KEY" must be replaced by your Cirrus development key.

It requires the Cirrus Development key only when used in - "man-in-the-middle" mode.

Otherwise, I assume that there are unlimited connections possible and not limited by what adobe offers - max 10k concurrent users to be using the free service hosted by adobe.

Correct me if I'm wrong again!

Best
Rajan

cumulus dev

Nov 21, 2011, 10:34:32 AM11/21/11
to openrtmf...@googlegroups.com
Yes, there is no code resctriction on users limitation in Cumulus. And Cumulus works without Cirrus! Of course, it's its main goal: be an cirrus GPL alternative.
The only limit: your CPU, memory, and number of ports on one machine.

Christophe Garreau

May 30, 2013, 3:40:34 AM5/30/13
to openrtmf...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you first for your work is really great!

You say that "The only limit: your CPU, memory, and number of ports on one machine."

For now, I use a micro EC2 instance.
Is there a formula (even approximately) to determine the maximum number of concurrent users that a machine can support, according to different parameters that you mention (CPU, memory, ports) ?

Thank you in advance,

Best regards,

Christophe