Is cumulus live or dead?

Аnton

Aug 19, 2013, 5:23:45 AM8/19/13
to openrtmf...@googlegroups.com
Is cumulus live or dead? any future considerations on development?

Carlos Eduardo

Aug 19, 2013, 6:09:57 AM8/19/13
to openrtmf...@googlegroups.com, openrtmf...@googlegroups.com
Live or dead?

Via iPhone

--
Vous recevez ce message, car vous êtes abonné au groupe Google Groupes OpenRTMFP Cumulus.

Patrick Marques

Sep 9, 2013, 7:43:34 AM9/9/13
to openrtmf...@googlegroups.com
He is asking if the project continues on development / maintained.

PM

cumulus dev

Sep 29, 2013, 4:25:30 PM9/29/13
to openrtmf...@googlegroups.com
Hi, and my apologize for my long absence...

Cumulus is not really dead, but certainly obsolete in few time. I am working hard on a new project factoring good ideas of Cumulus which should be called Mona, always open source, with the support of multiple protocols, and with less dependencies by this way (using C++11 instead of Poco).

As soon as I publish it on github I come back to announce it here, and to see if I continue a Cumulus support or if Mona can replace advantageously Cumulus for your need.

Le lundi 9 septembre 2013 13:43:34 UTC+2, Patrick Marques a écrit :
He is asking if the project continues on development / maintained.

PM

On Monday, August 19, 2013 11:09:57 AM UTC+1, Carlos Eduardo wrote:
Live or dead?
mu

liubo

Sep 29, 2013, 11:29:37 PM9/29/13
to openrtmf...@googlegroups.com
Hi cumulus dev. I use cumulus to be a flash p2psever.

I found some question:

cumulus has only one thread to handle data.I think, the performance can't increase when I run cumulus at the server that its cores > 8.
 And if the thread handle data, one poolthread stop.

If openssl run in multipthread, we need call  some callback to init environment. If don't do that , cumulus will crash.

2013/9/30 cumulus dev <cumul...@gmail.com>

--
-- liubo

cumulus dev

Sep 30, 2013, 5:48:56 AM9/30/13
to openrtmf...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Cumulus create a pool of threads to manage socket in an asynchronous way and to deal blocking tasks or which consume important cpu resource (like an events pile). You can set the number of threads of this pool with the "threads" configuration in "CumulusServer.ini" file (see wiki). The main thread handle just the LUA engine to execute the custom server job. OpenSSL calls are handled in parallel by the pool of threads (encrypt and decrypt tasks).

If performance are not enough for your need, you have to switch for a multiple servers installation: