Custom RTMFP server / Cumulus customisation

Vitali Kotik

Sep 5, 2013, 5:59:11 AM9/5/13
to openrtmf...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

My team is working on a new product in the field of video streaming.
We are seeking for an engineer or a team experienced in practical RTMFP to consult with / perform engineering.

Let's discuss the terms if you anyone is interested
My email is vitaliy.kotik at cloudmach.com, skype vitaliy.kotik

Vitali

liubo

Sep 5, 2013, 10:26:43 AM9/5/13
to openrtmf...@googlegroups.com
hi. My team is using Cumulus to be a server that let flash player can connect each other only.

I think , using Cumulus to publish video streaming is not good idea,unless you use rtmp not rtmfp.

2013/9/5 Vitali Kotik <vitali...@gmail.com>

--
Vous recevez ce message, car vous êtes abonné au groupe Google Groupes OpenRTMFP Cumulus.

-- liubo

Vitali Kotik

Sep 6, 2013, 8:50:23 AM9/6/13
to openrtmf...@googlegroups.com
Our backend generates the stream in realtime.
Currently we use nginx-rtmp to publish the stream
We want to reduce the time between the frame is generated at backend and the time it is displayed on client.
In other words to reduce the latency.

We want to try udp-based RTMFP (in contrast to tcp-based RTMP)

May you help us with that?

Vitali

liubo

Sep 6, 2013, 9:49:57 AM9/6/13
to openrtmf...@googlegroups.com
When using rtmp to publish a video, the bandwidth of nginx is a limit. You can use rtmfp to decrease the delay  by increasing your network bandwidth.

When you use rtmfp,some client will get frame from client, not nginx.  So, we has a p2p network(like tree), the root node is nginx, other peer is client. If height of the tree is not big, i think the delay is small.

flash sdk has a class NetGroup to do p2p . But when flash player runs, it ask client whether it use p2p function. If your client can enable, all p2p work will be done by flash.

My english is not good. I hope you understand what i say.

haha.

2013/9/6 Vitali Kotik <vitali...@gmail.com>

--
-- liubo

liubo

Sep 6, 2013, 9:51:36 AM9/6/13
to openrtmf...@googlegroups.com
ps:

rtmfp is udp protocol. All message is encrypted by AES-128. And key is created by DH protocol.

2013/9/6 liubo <lb.fa...@gmail.com>

--
-- liubo