RTMFP videochat with Cumulus

Rui

Feb 8, 2012, 9:52:01 PM2/8/12
to OpenRTMFP Cumulus
Hi,

What do I need to make this simple example (http://
itarato.blogspot.com/2010/01/peer-to-peer-video-and-audio-
streaming.html) work with Cumulus, instead of Cirrus?

Thanks!

cumulus dev

Feb 9, 2012, 4:57:25 AM2/9/12
to openrtmf...@googlegroups.com
Simply change the "rtmfp://stratus.adobe.com/cbd2224f9a56771b3d4d05c3-bd9b549abca2" by "rtmfp://cumulus_address/"..

Rui Costa

Feb 9, 2012, 6:31:39 AM2/9/12
to openrtmf...@googlegroups.com
However, it doesn't work from different LAN's. What could be the explanation?

cumulus dev

Feb 9, 2012, 6:38:46 AM2/9/12
to openrtmf...@googlegroups.com
In seeing the code (it seems simple), I see two explanations possibles:

1. port problem, your Cumulus port is opened?
2. A peer is behind a symmetric router. Test with cirrus, it works in exactly the same context with cirrus? (same network scenario I mean). If it doesn't work with cirrus too, you are in a case or one peer is P2P unable.

Rui Costa

Feb 9, 2012, 9:23:20 AM2/9/12
to openrtmf...@googlegroups.com
Yes, Cumulus port is open and I can see the other peer connecting to Cumulus (actually haven't tested with Adobe Cirrus on different LANs).
I'm wondering, what are the conditions to consider one peer P2P unable?

cumulus dev

Feb 9, 2012, 9:39:24 AM2/9/12
to openrtmf...@googlegroups.com
when UDP hole punching doesn't work.. it can happen behind a symmetric router for example.  Search on internet, this subject is well treated by RTMFP users.

Rui Costa

Feb 28, 2012, 7:45:58 PM2/28/12
to openrtmf...@googlegroups.com
A little more info on this subject. I can see both clients connecting to Cumulus, and both peer ids are generated. I also see another connection coming up on the logs when I add the the partner peer id. However, no video signal appears (on LAN video appears enabling to see partner stream).
Need to test with Cirrus to see if same behavior occurs. Anyone ever tested a simple example like this with success?

Thanks.

Jarr0dsz

Mar 20, 2012, 8:58:25 AM3/20/12
to openrtmf...@googlegroups.com
Cirrus works Seems issue with Cumulus

Batuhan Bulut

Sep 14, 2013, 4:40:07 PM9/14/13
to openrtmf...@googlegroups.com, rui.p...@gmail.com
This problem caused by your service provider i think. You can check is your net connection supports rtmfp from here: http://cc.rtmfp.net . If the last control light is red, you should report that to your service provider. Sorry for bad english.