Refresh sequence signal

Ken Weiner

Mar 19, 2019, 8:17:20 PM3/19/19
to openrtb-user
Some publishers refresh their ads within an ad slot (e.g. new ad every 30 seconds).
Is there any way within an OpenRTB (any version) bid request to indicate that the ad impression is part of a refresh sequence, and to indicate the sequence (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc).
A buyer might want to assume that an ad's performance/impact decreases with each refresh sequence and bid accordingly according to such a signal.

Rishi Agarwal

Mar 20, 2019, 9:03:14 AM3/20/19
to openrt...@googlegroups.com
AFAIK, there is no such way to find out. Every ad refresh is a new request. However, as a workaround, the bidder side pattern detection could solve this issue, but only partially.

Rishi Agarwal
M: (91) 9902068793
S: r.agarwal13
Lets Connect @ LinkedIn

Ken Weiner

Mar 22, 2019, 2:21:56 PM3/22/19
to openrtb-user
Thanks Rishi.  I didn't think there was currently a way to signal an ad refresh sequence in a bid request, but I wanted to check with the group.