how many types for Bid Response In OpenRTB?

Jie Yang

Aug 21, 2017, 7:02:20 AM8/21/17
to openrtb-user
Hi guys:
I am new to openrtb and now I preapre to construct bid response data for ssp.I download the code form github[https://github.com/openrtb/openrtb2x],In project openrtb-validator I found some user case for bidresponse in the test directories. e.g:
1 ad_served_on_win_notice.json
2 vast_url_returned.json
3 direct_deal_ad_served_on_win_notice.json
4 native_markup_returned_inline.json
I wonder Is there must 4 steps in openrtb whole process?
so can you help me ?

vladimir venediktov

Aug 21, 2017, 10:03:01 PM8/21/17
to openrt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jie Yang,

There is bid response  implementation in those 2 files , it implements fixed price bidder only , you can see how bid response is constructed , if you need more info let me know.

Also , as a side note , google has a  much better/faster  Java API  for parsing openrtb json into  BidRequest.class  . My team has done benchmarking and google is the fastest in open-source in Java.

This project openrtb2x is using jackson parser even though I love jackson it's very slow for real-time bidding . So if you want  to invest time I would look into google API instead .

This folder above has everything you need for openrtb classes , it does not have business logic though , however business logic is neither  completed in openrtb2x.

You can also read our code vanilla-rtb written in C++14

It has more examples  on how to bid , including Banker.authorize() function use case  , because in the real world your campaigns  will have a budget restrictions from advertizers. So you will need to implement it.

Good luck!

Vladimir.

vladimir venediktov

Aug 21, 2017, 10:34:08 PM8/21/17
to openrtb-user
There is no 4 steps , it's basically BidResponse that you populate nurl field with - notice url , this nurl with your embedded  pixels will be called by SSP - if your BidResponse wins the auction.
You use nurl  for tracking your budgets, other pixels you can embed into "ad displaying URL" thus  track the user further and as you can imagine have some history for that impression ( user ) in your DSP system, thus
applying your own algos how to bid on this user next time.
Those listed by you are just different way DSP can respond , 1.) with inline ad or 2.) ad displayed on external adServer , this is how I understand those multiple examples.
Maybe someone else can give you a better explanation for the business case , I have a DSP guy in my team if no one responds then I will have him look at all 4 responses you listed here.

Best,
Vladimir.