user.ext.consent

james....@blis.com

May 25, 2018, 10:37:22 AM5/25/18
to openrtb-dev
It's been a day and SSPs have decided to use this field in at least 3 different ways, only one of which conforms to the spec.

Honestly...

Benji Weber

May 25, 2018, 10:50:27 AM5/25/18
to openr...@googlegroups.com
What non-compliant usages are you seeing?

On Fri, 25 May 2018 at 15:37, <james....@blis.com> wrote:
It's been a day and SSPs have decided to use this field in at least 3 different ways, only one of which conforms to the spec.

Honestly...

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Blis Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 06455773. Its registered office is 7th Floor, 10 Bloomsbury Way, WC1A 2SL, United Kingdom.

If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error.

Benji Weber
SVP Software Development | Phone: +447950822820

Find our offices | Read our latest research | Join our newsletter
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube Instagram

The contents of this email are confidential and the information in it may not be disclosed except for the purpose for which it has been sent. If you have reason to believe that you are not the intended recipient of this communication, please contact the sender immediately.

Unruly Group Limited - Registered in England No. 5411297, VAT #: 108 2572 28
Registered Office: The White Chapel Building, 15 Whitechapel High Street, London, E1 8QS

james....@blis.com

Jun 6, 2018, 3:33:09 PM6/6/18
to openrtb-dev
Only utter nonsense such as:

"[CONSENT_STRING]"
"gdpr does not apply, no metadata"
"null"
"undefined"
"0"
"1"
"2"

Some engineering teams at exchanges need to take a long, hard look at themselves to figure out if they're in the right profession.