Creative Attributes in Table 5.3 for Bid.attr

Haskell Garon

Jan 19, 2017, 4:51:05 PM1/19/17
to openrtb-dev
I had a question about Bid.attr and the associated attributes in table 5.3: http://www.iab.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/OpenRTB-API-Specification-Version-2-5-DRAFT_2016-11.pdf.

The table has 17 possible attributes, but I don't think there is guidance on exchange specific attributes.  Is it reasonable for us to use IDs 100+ for exchange-specific attributes, or have other companies typically done this with extensions instead?  Any guidance or tips on how others have standardized this would be helpful.

Jim Butler

Jan 19, 2017, 10:28:42 PM1/19/17
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Sounds reasonable, but I'm not sure this has come up before.

:JB

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 4:51 PM, 'Haskell Garon' via openrtb-dev <openr...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
I had a question about Bid.attr and the associated attributes in table 5.3: http://www.iab.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/OpenRTB-API-Specification-Version-2-5-DRAFT_2016-11.pdf.

The table has 17 possible attributes, but I don't think there is guidance on exchange specific attributes.  Is it reasonable for us to use IDs 100+ for exchange-specific attributes, or have other companies typically done this with extensions instead?  Any guidance or tips on how others have standardized this would be helpful.

James M. Butler, Ph.D.
VP Engineering, Publisher Platforms | AOL Platforms
155 Seaport Blvd, 8th Floor, Boston MA 02210
+1.617.834.2125 | Mobile

cid:1FB91A9E-BD7F-4C36-8D2F-54280D6D770B

cid:3D20B9E1-731A-41EC-9E24-ABDE7383A170 cid:23312810-262C-4B54-BD7D-374924200DF4

This electronic message transmission contains information from AOL Inc., which may be confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify sender immediately and delete all copies.

Ian Trider

Jan 20, 2017, 1:51:47 PM1/20/17
to openrtb-dev
I think native typically uses 500+ to leave ample room, doesn't it?

Alternately, I would argue that perhaps exchange-specific values in standardized fields like this might not be the 'right' thing to do.. rather, introduce your own field in the extension object.