Clarifications on maxextended Video Object field

閲覧: 34 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

pablo berrilio

未読、
2017/01/04 13:19:142017/01/04
To: openr...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
         I am currently adding support for Video to our DSP system and I run into this maxextended attribute for the linear creatives.
Suppose I have a VAST tag with a linear creative with 30 seconds of duration. I can understand that I am allowed to bid in bid requests which have the maxduration field higher than 30 seconds and minduration lower than 30 seconds. However, I do not understand the role of the maxextended field.

Do i need to use the maxextended field as the "real" max duration ? I sincerely have no idea what is this for.
Can anyone provide an example case where the maxextended field is used ?

Thanks in advance,
pablo

Ian Trider

未読、
2017/01/04 16:50:562017/01/04
To: openrtb-dev
I believe its with relation to any interactivity in VPAID ads that might cause the ad to continue to run beyond the maxduration.  To be honest, I don't know that anyone really uses it.

pablo berrilio

未読、
2017/01/05 9:26:032017/01/05
To: openr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ian,
          Yes, you are correct. I continued reading and effectively it is related to the VPAID interaction. The duration described in VAST needs to be compared to the maxduration that comes in the bid request. Then the maxextended should be ideally be inform in another way. I mean, there is no way of extracting that kind of information from the VAST.

Thanks,
pablo

Ian Trider

未読、
2017/01/05 13:44:152017/01/05
To: openrtb-dev
Thus you see one of the problems with it and a plausible reason it doesn't see much use. :)

全員に返信
投稿者に返信
転送
新着メール 0 件