Visualisation of UserClass models

Adrian Williamson

May 3, 2023, 4:30:43 AM5/3/23
to openroa...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I have a vague memory (most are vague now-a-days) that at some point in the last 30 years there was some sort of tool that let you create diagrams of objects in OpenROAD.

I can see the class browser in the Standard catalogue view, but then I found the OMC application (in w4glapps – I think this is the source of my memory):

Is this still supported (I am not sure it appears in the DOCS anymore)?

Or is it deprecated?

Am I better off with Visio?

Cheers

Adrian

image003.png

Bodo Bergmann

May 3, 2023, 5:43:23 AM5/3/23
to openroa...@googlegroups.com

Hi Adrian,

This should still work (I have only tested basic functionality).
In the Repository Administrator you started (w4gldev runimage omc.img) double-click on “Userclass Model” tree node to create your own.
Then move the classes from your application(s) in the Tree (left pane) into the graphical pane – it will automatically add lines/arrows for inheritance and attribute relationships.
Then arrange the positions of the classes for a better look (start with Layout -> Auto Arrange).

Example – I have selected all the classes from the UnitTestsFramework application (see https://github.com/ActianCorp/OpenROAD_UnitTestFramework):

The File->Print menu produces a PostScript file of the model, you’ll need some PostScript viewer (there are many available, some online) in order to see/print it or save as graphic image file.

HTH.
Best regards,
Bodo.

Bodo Bergmann
Engineering Architect | OpenROAD Engineering

Actian, A Division of HCLSoftware

GESELLSCHAFTSANGABEN: Actian Germany GmbH | Sitz der Gesellschaft: Halenreie 42, 22359 Hamburg | Geschäftsführung: Stephen Padgett, Marc Monahan | Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Hamburg | HRB 135991 | USt-IdNr: DE252449897

Adrian Williamson

May 3, 2023, 6:17:29 AM5/3/23
to openroa...@googlegroups.com
image005.jpg
image006.png
image007.png
image008.png

Adrian Williamson

May 3, 2023, 6:27:39 AM5/3/23
to openroa...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I had been using w4glrun omc.img but it was crashing quite a bit (full screen got a bit hairy as well with the black bars).

So I thought I would try your w4gldev runimage omc.img – but it gave me a licence failure:

Sorry I think I might  just have created  work for you….

Happy to ignore.

Cheers

Adrian

PS That was with OpenROAD OR 11.2.0 (int.w32/00) BLD: 11.2.0/20007 p15702

image001.png
image002.jpg
image003.png
image004.png
image005.png

Bodo Bergmann

May 3, 2023, 8:34:56 AM5/3/23
to openroa...@googlegroups.com

Hi Adrian,

Do you have an OPENROAD WORKBENCH license in your  license.xml file?
What is the output of the “cilicchk” command (from the OpenROAD Command Window)?
Is the workbench running when you run “w4gldev runimage workbnch.img” from the command line?

Check the license_dir entry in config.dat.

Try using the latest patch (15803) available on https://esd.actian.com/.

Patch 15702 had a problem with invalid license information (license_dir, mailhost, mailport) written into config.dat (wrong value of “yes” for those items).

Bodo.

Adrian Williamson

May 3, 2023, 8:43:53 AM5/3/23
to openroa...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Yes workbench is working fine;

Location of license file obtained from config.dat: 'F:\actian'

OPENROAD WORKBENCH 11.2   licensed on this host. Expiry 12/30/2023 (241 days). Grace Period 30 days.

OPENROAD WORKBENCH 11.3   licensed on this host. Expiry 12/30/2023 (241 days). Grace Period 30 days.

The licence.xml is on a mapped drive so any elevated command prompt access attempts will fail.

e.g. When I run the OpenROAD Admin command prompt – so “w4gldev runimage workbnch.img” also fails.

So it failed as it could not see the mapped drive.

Cheers

Adrian

image001.png
image002.jpg