Resetting position of Workbench

Jade Clements

May 9, 2022, 8:02:07 PM5/9/22
to openroa...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

I had the workbench opened on a secondary monitor located above the main monitor (laptop).  The laptop has been relocated and the secondary monitor is now to the left of the laptop.  The workbench is now off the monitors and unable to be moved or resized.  The only way it displays on the monitor is to maximize.

Is there a setting that can reset the position of the workbench?

Kind regards,

Jade

Jade Clements
Developer
Chat with me on Teams
Fusion 5 website LINKEDIN YOUTUBE
Fusion5
Fusion5 | Level 27, 570 Bourke Street, Melbourne, 3000, Australia
This email and any attachments are confidential and intended exclusively for the person to whom the email is addressed. Please see our Privacy Policy

ID0EC

Brigitte Duplenne

May 9, 2022, 8:44:39 PM5/9/22
to openroa...@googlegroups.com

Hello Jade,

You may edit the position in the <username>.prc (be sure to save the file before, see the warnings at the top of the file)

You an locate the file with ‘openoad /profiles’

And under

# starting_ide

Replace the ‘pos’ the two values with for example ‘0’ that will be

pos 0 0

Hope this help.

Brigitte

Paul White

May 9, 2022, 8:52:40 PM5/9/22
to openroa...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jade,

If it is windows, I use Alt-space to activate the system control then use arrow keys to move the window back into view.  Like this:

https://www.howtogeek.com/661249/how-to-rearrange-windows-with-keyboard-shortcuts-on-windows-10

I think it would be handy if workbench can recognise that all four corners of the window are outside of visible display and the Restore action places the window back into the default display.

Paul

&

--
Paul White