loadnrun

Junel Garcia

Apr 6, 2022, 6:14:32 AM4/6/22
to OpenROAD Users Mailing List
Hi!
I'm learning about loadnrun, and I have several questions regarding it.

1. Do I have to configure all these three before I can proceed with loadNrun?
OR Server ASP .Net Client Gatekeeper2
OR Server Java Client Gatekeeper2
OR Java Client Gatekeeper3

2. How can I set II_W4GLAPPS_DIR = C:\Program Files\Actian\OpenROAD\Loadnrun62\bin? Every time I run
ingsetenv II_W4GLAPPS_DIR C:\Program Files\Actian\OpenROAD\Loadnrun62\bin
I always get this message ingsetenv: too many arguments.

3. Should I have to install loadNrun on where my OR Server is running? Or should it be only installed on the client-side?

4. For testing connection, where should I run the following, on the server-side or the client-side? And what should be the result if there's no problem with the connection?
  • comtestrso MachineName/IP
  • comtestrso MachineName/IP unauthenticated
  • comtestrso
  • comtestrso unauthenticated
Thank you!

Regards,
Junel

Bodo Bergmann

Apr 6, 2022, 8:20:46 AM4/6/22
to openroa...@googlegroups.com

Hi Junel,

Here are some answers to your questions:

  1. You only have to configure one of them – I recommend to use the Gatekeeper3 (within Tomcat)
  2. As your directory path contains spaces you have to include it into double quotes: ingsetenv II_W4GLAPPS_DIR "C:\Program Files\Actian\OpenROAD\Loadnrun62\bin"
  3. Some stuff has to be installed on the server, some on the client side.
    See https://docs.actian.com/openroad/11.2/index.html#page/ServerRef/Getting_Started_with_Loadnrun.htm#
  4. Test is usually done on the server (not sure if the loadnrun client has a “comtestrso” utility, if yes you can test the connection from there as well).
    Expected output can be found: https://docs.actian.com/openroad/11.2/index.html#page/ServerRef/Set_Up_the_Loadnrun_Server.htm#ww412412

HTH.

Regards,

Bodo.

Bodo Bergmann
Engineering Architect
Actian | OpenROAD Engineering
www.actian.com
GESELLSCHAFTSANGABEN: Actian Germany GmbH | Sitz der Gesellschaft: Halenreie 42, 22359 Hamburg | Geschäftsführung: Stephen Padgett, Marc Monahan | Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Hamburg | HRB 135991 | USt-IdNr: DE252449897

Junel Garcia

Apr 7, 2022, 2:15:31 PM4/7/22
to OpenROAD Users Mailing List
Hello!
I can't proceed to the next step because I'm having trouble with this.
OpenROAD JSON-RPC Request failed with Error : {"code":-32000,"message":"Server error"}
Screenshot 2022-04-08 020416.png
But the Gatekeeper and JsonRpcServertest work fine.
Screenshot 2022-04-08 021335.png
Screenshot 2022-04-08 021354.png
I hope you could help me with this one too.
Thank you!

Junel Garcia

Apr 7, 2022, 8:52:58 PM4/7/22
to OpenROAD Users Mailing List
BTW I'm using OR 6.2 on windows 10.
Thanks...

Bodo Bergmann

Apr 8, 2022, 4:25:03 AM4/8/22
to openroa...@googlegroups.com

Junel,

The “Server error” indicates that there was some problem with the OpenROAD server.
The Java servlets are running (in Tomcat), but they encounter an error when trying to pass on the request to the OpenROAD Server.
Either the server is not running or there is a configuration error.

What is the output of “comtestrso” on the server?
What is the content of the
jsonrpcservertest.log file (log file for the server application)?

Do you have a jsonrpcservertest.json file in %II_SYSTEM%\ingres\files\orjsonconfig directory (or in a directory specified by the II_W4GL_JSON_CONFIG environment variable)?

As you are using OpenROAD 6.2 you should make sure that you are running the latest patch.

Regards,

Bodo.

Apr 8, 2022, 4:36:34 AM4/8/22
to openroa...@googlegroups.com

Another possible problem is a mismatch of Tomcat (i.e. the JVM used) and OpenROAD versions.

What exact OpenROAD version are you using?

If it is a 32-bit version you cannot connect to it from a 64-bit java process (running Tomcat),
as the servlet cannot access the OpenROAD classes (provided in the openroad.jar in connection with the 32-bit orrsojni.dll).

Check the Tomcat log files for any class loading errors.

Bodo.

Junel Garcia

Apr 11, 2022, 3:41:04 AM4/11/22
to OpenROAD Users Mailing List
I am now using OR 6.2 w/ ProductVersion : 6.2.0/15216 p15707  64-bit version and I'm still getting the same error.
Here's the output of comtestrso:
Screenshot 2022-04-11 145213.png

Here's the content of the jsonrpcservertest.log file
Screenshot 2022-04-10 212209.png
 I do have the jsonrpcservertest.json file in %II_SYSTEM%\ingres\files\orjsonconfig directory and I haven't set II_W4GL_JSON_CONFIG environment variable yet.

And which of these files should I check for the error?
Screenshot 2022-04-11 153524.png

Bodo Bergmann

Apr 11, 2022, 4:16:15 AM4/11/22
to openroa...@googlegroups.com

The jsonrpcservertest.log file seems to be old – it is from 07-apr-2022.

Its content shows that you were running an older OpenROAD patch (15568).

Check the catalina.*.log, tomcat8-stderr*.log , tomcat8-stdout*.log and localhost.*.log files for errors/exceptions.

The comtestrso output is fine – no error there.

Durwin Wright

Apr 11, 2022, 8:18:44 AM4/11/22
to openroa...@googlegroups.com, Durwin Wright

Hello Junel Garcia