Migrating OpenROAD 3.5 to latest

rowellmagno

Feb 24, 2022, 4:04:01 AM2/24/22
to OpenROAD Users Mailing List
Hi,

I got application developed using OpenROAD 3.5 and is planning to migrate everything to the latest version or at least to 6.2.

Is there a proper way of doing this?

regards,
Rowell

Roy Hann

Feb 24, 2022, 4:09:36 AM2/24/22
to OpenROAD Users Mailing List
Enterprise support for OpenROAD 6.2 ended last year. Support for 11.0 and 11.1 will end this year,

You should plan to upgrade to 11.2.

Roy

Adrian Williamson

Feb 24, 2022, 4:52:55 AM2/24/22
to openroa...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

You are going to need a properly licenced installation for that as well – 11.2 will only work with a properly formed license file from Actian. (think of it as a software dongle)

You must have a perpetual licence from pre Actian/Ingres days to still be using 3.5.

To get from 3.5 to 11.2 is going to take some experimentation.

Starting with ‘have-a-go’.

If that fails then you can try and get a hold OR 4 or 5 and step it though those versions.

Failing that you are down to separating the scripts and the forms and them bringing them back together in 11.2

You will either get lucky or be busy.

Have you a lot of 3GL procedures?

They will need some looking at.

Cheers

Adrian

Bodo Bergmann

Feb 24, 2022, 5:10:56 AM2/24/22
to openroa...@googlegroups.com

Hi Rowell,

Have a look at the OpenROAD Migration Guide: https://docs.actian.com/openroad/11.2/index.html#page/Migration/Upgrading_from_OpenROAD_3.5.htm

Though this guide recommends to use OR5.1 as an intermediate step for the migration into OR11.2 from OR3.5, this is not really required, unless you want to backport changes.

Basically you can do the following (all using OR 11.2):

  1. Import the application/component export files (from OR 3.5 - EXP format) into a new repository database
  2. Export the applications out in XML export format
  3. Re-import the applications from the XML export files (using -nreplace option)
  4. Check for remaining issues, which you might address using the PropertyChanger utility (description in the Migration Guide)
  5. Test application, fix further issues (e.g. due to different widget sizes, improved handling of Windows display settings, etc)

HTH.
Regards,
Bodo.

Bodo Bergmann
Engineering Architect
Actian | OpenROAD Engineering
www.actian.com
GESELLSCHAFTSANGABEN: Actian Germany GmbH | Sitz der Gesellschaft: Halenreie 42, 22359 Hamburg | Geschäftsführung: Stephen Padgett, Marc Monahan | Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Hamburg | HRB 135991 | USt-IdNr: DE252449897

Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2022 7:55 AM
To: OpenROAD Users Mailing List <openroa...@googlegroups.com>

Allan Biggs

Feb 24, 2022, 5:15:36 AM2/24/22
to openroad-users
3 GL procedures were the main issue we had going from 5 to 6. I rewrote then in native OR

Allan

--
Sent from my Android phone with mail.com Mail. Please excuse my brevity.