Windows 11 and OpenROAD 11.2 32-bit

Martin Bloomfield

Jan 5, 2024, 5:34:05 AMJan 5
to Openroad-Users

Hello all,

We are in the process of testing migration of our devices to using Windows 11.  I believe that OpenROAD 11.2 (32-bit) patch 15722 and the 64-bit Ingres Client tools are compatible with Windows 11 but was wondering if anyone is running these applications on Windows 11 and has come across any potential pitfalls we need to be aware of?

Regards,

Martin Bloomfield
Senior Application Developer
Information Systems Development
Information and Technology Services

Health and Safety Executive
YORK

martin.b...@hse.gov.uk

www.hse.gov.uk

Follow HSE on Twitter @H_S_E

Chris Clark

Jan 9, 2024, 7:58:05 PMJan 9
to OpenROAD Users Mailing List
On Friday, January 5, 2024 at 2:34:05 AM UTC-8 Martin Bloomfield wrote:
We are in the process of testing migration of our devices to using Windows 11.  I believe that OpenROAD 11.2 (32-bit) patch 15722 and the 64-bit Ingres Client tools are compatible with Windows 11....

Official support for Windows 11 will be in OpenROAD 12.0.

Unofficially 🙊, the patch you mentioned is considered old (a little under 2 years). I would consider experimenting with a later OpenROAD patch, that includes a newer version of iichkemail that was tested under Windows 11 ;-)

We have a new patch scheduled for release later this month, you would be fine to use the most recent patch but if this is not urgent, it may be worth waiting for that new patch. If it helps any, you are not one of the first developers to deploy OpenROAD with Windows 11.

Chris