CurBias not working with TabFolder

Quinn Rayen

Jul 19, 2023, 1:31:00 AM7/19/23
to OpenROAD Users Mailing List
Hi All,

I have an Entry Field in a Tab Folder. Though I set AllBias to Changeable for both the Entry Field and TabFolder, when I change the frame mode to FM_READ, the bias of the Entry Field is not set to Changeable. It works if it is outside the TabFolder.

OR Version - 11.2

Regards
Quinn

Adrian Williamson

Jul 19, 2023, 4:22:20 AM7/19/23
to openroa...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

If that happened to me, I would strip the frame out to just the tab folder and the entry field.

Then after switching mode I would stop the frame in the debugger and work my way back up the parents fields checking their RM_READ settings until I found the culprit.

Lot of parents for a field object in a tab folder.

Cheers

Adrian

Bodo Bergmann

Jul 19, 2023, 4:33:59 AM7/19/23
to openroa...@googlegroups.com

What about the bias of the TabPage?

The EntryField is not a direct child of the TabFolder. In fact, it is a child of a TabPage (or a CompositeField within a TabPage).

Regards,
Bodo.

Bodo Bergmann
Engineering Architect | OpenROAD Engineering

Actian, A Division of HCLSoftware

GESELLSCHAFTSANGABEN: Actian Germany GmbH | Sitz der Gesellschaft: Halenreie 42, 22359 Hamburg | Geschäftsführung: Stephen Padgett, Marc Monahan | Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Hamburg | HRB 135991 | USt-IdNr: DE252449897

Jul 19, 2023, 4:36:11 AM7/19/23
to openroa...@googlegroups.com

Hi Bodo,

For TabPage, it doesn’t show anything under ‘Bias’.

Regards

Quinn Rayen TECHNICAL LEAD
Cookers Bulk Oil System Pty Ltd.
Level 6, Access Tower 1,
278 Union Place, Colombo - 02, Sri Lanka
P: 03 9975 7913 F: 1300 88 33 99
E:
qu...@cookers.com.au
www.cookers.com.au

Disclaimer

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and compliance. To find out more Click Here.

Bodo Bergmann

Jul 19, 2023, 5:02:05 AM7/19/23
to openroa...@googlegroups.com

Hi Quinn,

This is probably a problem (limitation) of the Workbench/Property Inspector (it should allow bias settings for tab page).

So, what you can do is setting the bias (ReadBias or AllBias) for your tabpage(s) in the 4GL (INITIALIZE block of the frame) like this:

      FIELD(tabfldr.page1).AllBias = FB_CHANGEABLE;

Regards,

Bodo.

Quinn Rayen

Jul 19, 2023, 5:07:03 AM7/19/23