The vision for our OpenResty XRay product

Aisse Tejas

Feb 2, 2024, 2:17:01 PMFeb 2
to openresty-en
Hello friends!

The vision for our OpenResty XRay product is: for any customer's software business system in a production environment, including multi-cluster distributed systems, OpenResty XRay can thoroughly and transparently analyze its entire software stack.

This includes hardware to the OS kernel, the network protocol stack, system software, and the business software layer. Metaphorically speaking, we aim to transform these systems from black boxes into transparent ones. It's like taking an X-ray or MRI of the production system, automatically identifying all underlying issues and causes related to performance, security, stability, or correctness.

Importantly, these systems and applications require no modifications. There's no need to add any libraries or modules, no need for logging or metrics data, and even process restarts are unnecessary. All that's needed is a standalone Agent daemon of OpenResty XRay running on each machine to analyze all applications and containers.

Our goal is to tackle one of the greatest challenges in the computing world: the increasing complexity of systems gradually diminishing human insight and control over software and hardware systems.

Questions are welcome :)