Install OpenResty XRay’s Agents on Ubuntu via Deb Packages

Aisse Tejas

Jan 20, 2024, 9:56:02 PMJan 20
to openresty-en
Hey all!

We published a new video tutorial: https://youtu.be/HyrI2p5fE1M.

It demonstrates how to install OpenResty XRay's Agent service on Ubuntu. In essence, It only takes one command to install it.

This is an independent daemon process that can automatically detect and analyze all kinds of applications on the current system, whether they are containerized or not, such as OpenResty/Nginx, Lua, Python, PHP, Perl, Redis, Go, Rust, C/C++, Erlang, and so on. The target applications and containers do not need any modification or cooperation at all.

Our Agent also supports installing our container image through K8s or docker, which we will demonstrate in a future video. Of course, we also support other distributions through rpm/deb packages.

Text version: https://blog.openresty.com/en/ubuntu-xray-agent-install/