The fastest router(written in Lua) in API Gateways -- Lua-Radix-Router

Yusheng Li

Apr 7, 2024, 7:13:44 AMApr 7
to openresty-en

🎉 I'm excited to share a powerful Radix Router, a lightweight high-performance router library written in pure Lua. It leverages a Radix-Tree structure for efficient variable matching and prefix matching.

It comes with a lot of wonderful features🌟

- Variables binding: Injects binding variables for you with low overhead. Stop using the terrible regex capture group!
- OpenAPI style API is fully compatible
- Regex pattern
- Extensible: Customizing your custom matcher.

Most importantly, it's the fastest Router in the open-source gateways. 🚀

result.png
-  Lua-Radix-Router
-  Gateways Routing Benchmark

Stephen Douglas Scotti

Apr 7, 2024, 7:20:43 AMApr 7
to openresty-en
That sounds interesting.  I may need to migrate away from NGINX and start using OpenResty again.