Key highlights of the new OpenResty XRay version 23.12.12

Aisse Tejas

Jan 23, 2024, 5:41:00 PMJan 23
to openresty-en
Hi all!

We recently released version 23.12.12 of the OpenResty XRay product.

The release announcement can be found here: https://openresty.com/en/ann-xray-23-12-12-1/

Key highlights include the addition of "smart packet capture" support for application-layer requests with prolonged delays. This feature captures network packets only on connections with actual issues in the web applications, making it suitable for high-traffic production environments. There's also support for AlmaLinux, a popular CentOS alternative, and dynamic tracing support for OpenSSL 3.x and jemalloc 5.x. Moreover, the update brings program anomaly detection and analysis for Perl applications.

Additionally, we have significantly optimized our machine learning (ML) based feature that automatically reconstructs debugging symbols (or debuginfo) for binary programs lacking them. This enhancement has led to an order-of-magnitude improvement in memory usage and CPU time.

Questions are welcome :)