LUA version

Saint Michael

Apr 29, 2021, 3:10:23 PM4/29/21
to openre...@googlegroups.com
I installed Openresty and it works fine.
But if I type "lua" at the command line, a really old version of LUA shows up, 5.1.5, from 2006.
What version of lua does openresty use?
can I upgrade LUA?
I want to program  in LUA outside Openresty and use the same version of the language.

Aapo Talvensaari

Apr 29, 2021, 3:40:58 PM4/29/21
to openre...@googlegroups.com
OpenResty uses LuaJIT so you are stuck with 5.1 + most of 5.2. And that’s about it. Also you need to use OpenResty network primitives for all your network code, otherwise you will block the workers.