ngx.timer.every error! some times it's stopped!

Hadi Abbasi

Oct 30, 2019, 6:27:08 AM10/30/19
to openresty-en
Hey Friends...

I'm not sure but I think some times ngx.timer.every stops the interval unintentionally! I don't know why!?!

I'm using timer interval to updating my data structure from admin panel (set admins settings to my proxy server each 5 minutes) but some times in some servers, it seems that updating the info structure is not working properly!

when I restart my nginx and the updater method runs at the first time, it seems that all of things are OK! even when I check it each 5 minutes, it's OK (updater works)! but when I leave it for 1 or 2 weeks, our support team reports me that the updating info structure is not working!

as I generate dump files from admin update url and my nginx data structure, admin settings url returns correct data but my nginx data structure is not updated!

so I think ngx.timer.every stops for an unknown error or ...

can I check the updating the info structure and restart ngx.timer.every automatically???

for more detail I'm also using ngx.timer.at to create new thread for sending http requests (logs-minify request) in some impossible locations like header_filter_by_lua or body_filter_by_lua ... so it may cause the problem!

I think the best way is to use openresty timer because ngx.timer is not complete (like unable to stop ngx.timer.every):

any suggestion please...

thanks a lot...

All The Best,

Hadi