[ANN] lua-resty-repl 0.0.4

Aliaksandr Rahalevich

Sep 6, 2016, 1:44:15 AM9/6/16
to openresty-en
Hi everyone!

I have just released v0.0.4 of lua-resty-repl, an interactive console (REPL) for Openresty and luajit code:

https://github.com/saks/lua-resty-repl

I have been working on this version for quite some time now, and am finally satisfied enough with the result to share it. I believe it's much easier to start development using luajit and openresty with such tool. It was built to help people to get started on openresty and luajit faster. There are existing interactive consoles, but existing implementations are not really for debugging apps.

In comparison with some other similar projects:

* Full read/write access to locals, upvalues and global variables
* Pretty print for objects
* A Powerful and flexible command system
* Ability to view and replay history
* Runtime invocation (use Resty Repl as a developer console or debugger)
* Tab completion
* Simple and easy way to debug lua running in the nginx (openresty)

I hope this benefits some of you out there, please know that feedback is
appreciated!

Cheers,
saksmlz