Importing Image Comments Attribute Tag (0020,4000) to OpenREM.

Bartosz Pandel

Dec 16, 2021, 10:48:17 AM12/16/21
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Dear Collegues,

Because we use a CR system, we have no data about kV, mAs or DAP in Dicom Tags. I asked my radiographers to write down (manually) kV and mAs in Image Comments on FUJI Capsula. Now, when I download the data from CR, "Comments" column is empty, is there any option to make OpenREM to download this data and present them in the sheet?

Unfortunately I'm not a programist so my possibilities are small, I've tried to modify dx.py by myself but it does't work at all.

I will be greatfull for any help in this theme.

Regards.

Bartek.

Ed McDonagh

Dec 16, 2021, 5:11:44 PM12/16/21
to Bartosz Pandel, ope...@googlegroups.com
Hello Bartek

If you edit dx.py at around line 363 to look like this:
if not event.acquisition_protocol:
manufacturer = get_value_kw("Manufacturer", dataset)
software_versions = get_value_kw("SoftwareVersions", dataset)
if manufacturer == "TOSHIBA_MEC" and software_versions == "TM_TFD_1.0":
event.acquisition_protocol = get_value_kw("ImageComments", dataset)
else:
event.comment = get_value_kw("ImageComments", dataset)
if not event.acquisition_protocol:
event.acquisition_protocol = get_value_kw("SeriesDescription", dataset)
if not event.acquisition_protocol:
event.acquisition_protocol = get_seq_code_meaning(
"PerformedProtocolCodeSequence", dataset
)
series_description = get_value_kw("SeriesDescription", dataset)
if series_description:
if event.comment:
event.comment = series_description + ", " + event.comment
else:
event.comment = series_description
you might get the information you want in the comments field. Currently, the ImageComments field is only checked for a particular Toshiba unit where we know the acquisition protocol is stored there. The event level comment field in the database is populated by the series description and/or the ExposureControlModeDescription if either or both exist.

The (untested) code above should add your comments too.

Does that help?

Kind regards

Ed

Bartosz Pandel

Dec 18, 2021, 5:29:54 AM12/18/21
to OpenREM
Hello,
I don't have much time now for it, but first tests looks great, my data from image comment are visible, it's crucial because we need to review all past year.
Of course I've copy and pasted your code, then everything crushed because of " sign intead of ', but everything else works fine at this moment.
I've tried to move some "true" DX data from GE system after changes and them also looks good.
If i found any issue I'll write.
For now thank You for help and for whole project, it's great!
Regards.
Bartek.