System requirements

Antonio Flores

Jan 12, 2022, 1:24:58 AM1/12/22
to OpenREM
Hello,
I would like to run OpenREM in Docker on a SBC (Raspberry Pi or similar). Has anybody done this?
What are the requirements for OpenREM and its components?
arm32/arm64/x86?

Thanks!
Anton

Antonio Flores

Jan 12, 2022, 2:26:47 AM1/12/22
to OpenREM
In my case OpenREM would receive rdsr-files from one CT-Scanner (20-30 per day) and maybe I would like to use the Orthanc web viewer.
So I think it does not need much CPU-power and RAM. Correct me if I am wrong.
Thanks again.
Anton

Ed McDonagh

Jan 12, 2022, 5:12:12 PM1/12/22
to OpenREM
Hi Anton

I've not tried it recently, but there is no reason I know of for it to not work. It has worked previously. Last time I tried was in the single core days of the Pi, and it worked but the database was fairly slow. I believe David Platten tried it with a multi-core Raspberry Pi and it was ok.

I am confident that it would be competent to import the data. It would probably struggle with performance with large databases when using the web interface and exports, or if you wanted to calculate and render skin dose maps. 30 CT RDSRs a day wouldn't break a sweat.

I haven't used the Orthanc web viewer much, but I would expect that to be fine too.

Good luck - it would be interesting to hear how you get on!

Kind regards

Ed