Edit files v1.0

Johanna Amelung

Jan 20, 2021, 9:11:05 AM1/20/21
to OpenREM

Hi,

we started using OpenRem v0.10. We edited some files . Now we would like to upgrade to v1.0.

Is there a possibility to edit files in release 1.0 , using Docker, too ?

Kind regards

Johanna

Ed McDonagh

Jan 20, 2021, 4:53:22 PM1/20/21
to OpenREM
Hi Johanna

Which files have you edited?

We are intending for the Docker install to be configurable - if you can share what it is you have changed we can either tell you it will be possible and ensure it is documented, or tell you if we don't think it will be possible without major changes.

Please don't upgrade production installs to 1.0 yet though - we are not yet ready for the beta release and we're still honing the install/upgrade process to ensure it will be as easy as possible for everyone, and things can still change.

Kind regards

Ed

Johanna Amelung

Jan 21, 2021, 3:09:15 AM1/21/21
to OpenREM
Hi Ed,

I tried to implement a comparision to  german DRL for CT and DX.

There is a large spectrum of study/series/protocol names describing the same process, so I decided to use a different Tag for mapping. For CT's I use 'Target Region'  (already saved in db) and 'Acquisition Type'  (already saved in db) .
For DX I use 'Body Part Examined' (added to db) and 'View Position'  (already saved in db).

For adding new database fields, I changed models.py.

In dx.py and rdsr.py I added code for mapping and calculation.

Finally I added a new column to the tables in dxdetail.html and ctdetail.html.

Kind regards

Johanna

Ed McDonagh

Jan 21, 2021, 4:24:03 AM1/21/21
to OpenREM
Hi Johanna, thanks for the details.

It sounds like what you have done is partly work that we have planned (but not for the 1.0 release):
Issue 862 will be essential for a lot of things, including DRL comparisons, more useful charts, generating data for national data collection etc. It sounds like you have approached the same issue via a different method!

I've created a new issue for extracting BodyPartExamined from DX files, though it isn't a field that I have seen in RDSR files for DX exposures. Which table did you put the field in?

For the DRL comparison, if I have understood correctly you are comparing individual dose metrics to the population level average/reference level? I am not comfortable with this as a general approach - I prefer the approach of issue 598 where the DRL generated from your dataset can be compared to the national one. Alternatively, in our institution we generate charts of the normal range of dose metric values against patient weight or breast thickness, so that individual exposures can be usefully compared to spot outliers that need investigation. I haven't yet devised a way of working this into the interface though!

For you to take your changes through to a version 1 release, you will have to reimplement a lot of it as the code has been migrated from Python 2 to Python 3, and there have been quite a few changes as well. For the changes that might be useful to the community it would be really nice if you would try and make the changes against the current code in a fork of the OpenREM repository and submit a pull request so we can all benefit - you will benefit too as you won't face this issue at upgrade time!

For changes that you want to make just in your install, this will be possible for an advanced user such as yourself. I will be writing how in the documentation. Essentially it will involve building your own docker image.

Kind regards

Ed

Johanna Amelung

Jan 21, 2021, 5:36:18 AM1/21/21
to OpenREM
Hi Ed,

thank you for your fast and helpful answers!
I added the field to remapp_irradeventxraydata. Our systems aren't able to send RDSR files, so I can't say if there is a BodyPartExamined, too...
Comparing the local DRL to national DRL and generating charts would be a  helpful solution too!
I  will add the code and when everything works I will send a pull request.

Kind regards,

Johanna