Query not yet started

John Armstrong

Oct 14, 2022, 6:09:10 AM10/14/22
to OpenREM
Hi,

We have set up OpenREM at UCLH and have had it working by querying PACS manually at the moment (single modality at a time, 1 days worth of data).

The aim is to run scripts daily to automatically query PACS and so build up data over time as we have been unable to download large amounts of data at a time.

An issue has recently popped up with Orthanc where from time to time it stops responding to the DICOM echo and we are unable to get any data across. This usually happens whilst we are running a query. Restarting Orthanc usually fixes this.

Also we have an issue, on occasion, where after running a query (single modality, one days worth of data) the 'query xxxxxxxx not yet started' message displays and seems to get stuck at this point.

Any ideas what may cause these issues?

Thanks,
John

Paolo Marcheschi

Oct 14, 2022, 10:03:16 AM10/14/22
to John Armstrong, OpenREM
On Fri, Oct 14, 2022 at 12:09 PM John Armstrong
<john6ar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have set up OpenREM at UCLH and have had it working by querying PACS manually at the moment (single modality at a time, 1 days worth of data).
>
> The aim is to run scripts daily to automatically query PACS and so build up data over time as we have been unable to download large amounts of data at a time.

In my setting, I use dcm4chee and I created an automatic forward of
DICOM files (Specific Dose SR or DX images) to OpenREM. Maybe it is
also feasible with Orthanc. This could solve your problem.
Best regards
Paolo

are addressed.If you have received this e-mail in error please notify
the sender immediately, then delete it. Confidentiality and legal
privilege are not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery to
you.

Ed McDonagh

Oct 16, 2022, 3:26:15 PM10/16/22
to John Armstrong, OpenREM
Hi John

Orthanc should be able to cope with quite high levels of traffic, so it if really is a Orthanc that is struggling I wonder if maybe it doesn't have enough resources available to it?

Can you share which operating system you are using, and how much memory and RAM is allocated to the machine?

Thanks

Ed