Re: [openrem] New release date and skin dose maps

Ed McDonagh

Jun 29, 2022, 8:51:55 AM6/29/22
to OpenREM
Hi Ingrid. You emailed this to the group managers somehow - hopefully you meant it for the wider group so I am replying to everyone - I hope that is ok!

Answering your questions:
1. The next release hasn't happened yet. I am in the process of getting all the installation documentation together in the hope that we can get it out soon. There are one or two issues that must be fixed before release, but most things are ready I think.

2. There are issues with the peak skin dose software (see the email from David Platten on 22nd June) and we currently advise you not to use the software. If you want to explore what you are finding further though, I think it would be best dealt with in a new message with more details of the methods and findings.

3. If you are able to generate a csv file of patient heights and/or weights along with the Accession Number or StudyInstanceUID then you can import the size data via the web interface. In our hospital we have that information entered by the radiographers into the RIS, and we are able to export the height and weight data from RIS alongside the accession number. This is then imported to OpenREM periodically or when needed. The instructions are here: docs.openrem.org/en/0.10.0-docs/i_patientsize.html

I hope that helps?

Kind regards

Ed

On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 at 10:24, Ingrid Turner <irtur...@gmail.com> wrote:
Good morning, I've contacted the group before about a few things but I still have a few issues with the software at North Bristol Trust (NBT):

1. I checked the version that NBT are running and this is still on version 0.10.0 - has there been a new release since then and does this include a head on the phantom used for skin dose mapping?

2. For the skin dose maps, my team are still getting quite different values of peak skin dose when we compare methods of calculation (differences of 2-3Gy). We were wondering if this peak skin dose is definitely a skin dose and not an air kerma value?

3. Often when studies are sent to the database from NBT the patient height and weight is not entered - is there a way to do modify this once the study is on the database or must it be done by the radiographers prior to loading?

Hopefully that all makes sense, I couldn't seem to join the group on my work email so have had to use hotmail/gmail. Many thanks and best wishes, Ingrid

Ingrid Turner

Jun 29, 2022, 11:11:58 AM6/29/22
to OpenREM
Hi Ed,

Many thanks for your speedy reply, apologies I don't quite know how I managed to write to the managers! Yes absolutely fine to reply to all! :D
1. Ah brilliant thanks for letting me know about the new release, we have been having problems with head procedures and the model chopping off heads! Will be great to see if it will work once the new release is out.

2. Yes I saw the message from David but we weren't sure if this would be affecting some of our skin doses to that extent. I will discuss this further with colleagues and set up a new thread as you suggest!

3. Thanks for this I will have a look at the instructions for the height and weight, this may also be causing discrepancies in our skin dose calculations so would be good to see what difference this makes.

Many thanks again and best wishes,

Ingrid