Non-admin user without access to OpenREM

Guilherme Ribeiro Garcia grgarcia

Nov 8, 2022, 12:53:50 PM11/8/22
to OpenREM
Good afternoon people,

We have OpenREM installed on a Windows 10 computer.
The admin user normally runs the server as in the example below:
Capturar.JPG

On the same computer, when trying to run the server as a non-administrator user, OpenREM does not open, it generates the following message:
insecure error.JPG

Do you know what we can do for non-admin users to use OpenREM?

Thanks.

Ed McDonagh

Nov 9, 2022, 5:28:20 PM11/9/22
to Guilherme Ribeiro Garcia grgarcia, OpenREM
What happens if you use
python manage.py runserver 0.0.0.0:8000

[PT] Mensagem para uso exclusivo do destinatário. Apague-a imediatamente se a recebeu por engano.
[EN] Message for exclusive use of the recipient. Erase it immediately if you received it by mistake.
[ES] Mensaje para el uso exclusivo del destinatario. Eliminar de inmediato si lo recibió por error.
HCPA - Hospital de Clínicas de Porto Alegre.

Ed McDonagh

Nov 9, 2022, 5:46:30 PM11/9/22
to Guilherme Ribeiro Garcia grgarcia, OpenREM
You won't get any of the 'static files', so the site will be text only with no styling, but it would be interesting if it runs.

I'm assuming that there is a permissions issue.

We do strongly recommend that you use a production web server whenever possible - for Windows we recommend using IIS, and you can find instructions here: docs.openrem.org/en/0.10.0-docs/iis_on_windows.html

Kind regards,

Ed