Change displayed units

Alan Chamberlain

Oct 18, 2022, 2:07:36 AM10/18/22
to OpenREM
Hi Ed

Is it possible to change the units results are displayed in, e.g. cGy.cm^2 to Gy.cm^2 for DAP or are these hard coded?

Regards
Alan

Ed McDonagh

Oct 18, 2022, 7:30:10 AM10/18/22
to Alan Chamberlain, OpenREM
The units the values are stored as in the database is 'hardcoded' (as much as anything is in an open source project!).

For display, one could simply add a conversion function to the event model and refer to it in the template. The values are stored as Gy.m^2, and are converted for display to cGy.m^2.

If you think it would be useful, we could add a feature request (issue) to have the unit user configurable. We'd have to work out if it would be modality type specific (DX vs fluoro) or something else?

Alan Chamberlain

Oct 19, 2022, 2:40:06 AM10/19/22
to OpenREM
I think in the long term it is a nice to have. It would be modality specific, possibly a chart option. I'll add a feature request.