Change Media Root

Robert Ross

Feb 16, 2021, 7:02:12 AM2/16/21
to OpenREM
Hi

How can I change the Media_root location in local_settings.py (and have it recognised)?

I'm trying to deploy the web server using IIS, and I had to move the Media_root from a network location to a local drive because the IIS_IUSRS user is local to the server and I can't grant it permissions to access the network Media Root.  (I'm following the instructions at:

When I try to run

  python manage.py collectstatic

in powershell, it tells me 'no such file or directory' and quotes the network media root folder, even though I have updated C:\python27\lib\site-packages\openrem\local_settings.py with the new media root location on my D: drive.  I've even checked I've saved the changes by saving and reopening :D

Kind regards
Robert

Robert Ross

Feb 16, 2021, 7:06:19 AM2/16/21
to OpenREM
There's nothing quite like posting on the internet to make you realise your own mistakes!

I had two copies of local_settings.py.  The one I should have changed is in openrem/openremproject...

Sorry for the interruption