Feature suggestion: institution ignore list

rpra...@gmail.com

Feb 15, 2021, 7:52:15 AMFeb 15
to OpenREM
Hi,

I wonder if it would be possible to build an addition to the "Display names & modality" page that allows you to simply tick a system and add it to an exclude list for import/analysis. Our PACS likes to get a lot of imported exams and software updates that means we have nearly 700 systems listed in that page which reduce down to about 30 systems of interest once the grouping is done.

I have considered adding an "institution names to ignore" section within the Orthanc Store configuration lua but have never managed to get to it. Adding station names individually is impractical to do and it's not a straight forward task to involve colleagues with. A web interface to exclude institution names or specific station names would be much simpler to do and get others involved in maintaining.

dpla...@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2021, 4:58:31 AMFeb 20
to OpenREM
I have added this as an issue: https://bitbucket.org/openrem/openrem/issues/895/

Kind regards,

David

Ed McDonagh

Feb 20, 2021, 5:55:14 AMFeb 20
to OpenREM
Thank you David.

"rpraynor", we have this issue too. Currently we deal with it by periodically going through the Display Name configuration (https://docs.openrem.org/en/0.10.0-docs/i_displaynames.html) and renaming all the imported modalities to the name "Imported". I could also use the "review" link on each one to delete the studies, but I don't tend to bother.

I'm interested in an alternative approach that would make this process easier/more accessible. Do you think maintaining a list of institution names or station names would fit this brief?

If you can flesh out what the process might be, that would help someone to do the development work - it won't be for the current version in development, but could be for a future one!

Thanks for the suggestion.

Ed