Celery Flower Error

andrew.j....@gmail.com

Nov 19, 2021, 3:04:15 PM11/19/21
to OpenREM
New error when running celery on v0.10.0 on Ubuntu 20.04 new install

When I run celery (even without "flower" specified) I get the following error:

/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/celery/utils/imports.py:160: UserWarning: Cannot load celery.commands extension u'flower.command:flower': SyntaxError('invalid syntax', ('/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/flower/command.py', 99, 98, "            f'You have incorrectly specified the following celery arguments after flower command:'\n"))
  namespace, class_name, exc))
celery multi v4.2.2 (windowlicker)
> Starting nodes...
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/celery/utils/imports.py:160: UserWarning: Cannot load celery.commands extension u'flower.command:flower': SyntaxError('invalid syntax', ('/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/flower/command.py', 99, 98, "            f'You have incorrectly specified the following celery arguments after flower command:'\n"))
  namespace, class_name, exc))
> default@"myservername": OK

celery appears to start okay, but I can't get flower to start. Is this another "incompatibility" I need to resolve?

Thanks,
Andrew

Ed McDonagh

Nov 19, 2021, 5:25:02 PM11/19/21
to andrew.j....@gmail.com, OpenREM
Yes, I think so. It looks like Flower has moved on too. Please try with 0.9.5:

pip install flower==0.9.5

We really need to release the next version of OpemREM...

Ed

Andrew Sampson

Nov 19, 2021, 9:32:10 PM11/19/21
to Ed McDonagh, OpenREM
Thanks Ed. I thought so. I'll take a look after our holidays next week.

You may have this already, but it may be useful in the documentation to list the package versions associated with the stable install. To be honest, I haven't looked for it. Is it's there, then a link to it from the doc intro would be useful.

You're constantly improving the documentation - it's so helpful. Thank you!

Andrew

andrew.j....@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2021, 11:16:09 AM11/29/21
to OpenREM