Cluster link does not work

Claudia Báez

May 16, 2016, 6:44:53 PM5/16/16
to OpenRefine
Hello everyone,

Someone among you have experienced this issue when your are clustering in Open Refine?

Browser cluster link seems does not work properly. Cluster does not  appears in the new tab.

Help!

Thank you

Claudia Báez

Screen Shot 2016-05-16 at 3.40.01 PM.png

Tom Morris

May 16, 2016, 10:25:56 PM5/16/16
to openr...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 4:46 PM, Claudia Báez <claud...@gmail.com> wrote:

Someone among you have experienced this issue when your are clustering in Open Refine?

Browser cluster link seems does not work properly. Cluster does not  appears in the new tab.

My first guess would be some type of browser incompatibility. What version of OpenRefine? What web browser? Does it behave the same with a different browser?

Tom

Claudia Báez

May 17, 2016, 10:48:44 AM5/17/16
to OpenRefine
Hi Tom,

I tried the follow browsers: Chrome, Firefox and Safari. None of them works

Thanks for your help.
Claudia.

Claudia Báez

May 17, 2016, 10:56:17 AM5/17/16
to OpenRefine
I am using a Mac and my version of Google Refine is 2.6-rc1

Thanks

Tom Morris

May 17, 2016, 11:30:40 AM5/17/16
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Oops, sorry for the misdirection! This is a bug that was fixed a little while ago, but unfortunately it was just after the kit for the most recent release candidate, 2.6-rc2, was built. It "only" is a problem for characters which require escaping in URLs (e.g. non-ASCII characters), so you may be able to work around it by stripping special characters, although I realize this doesn't work for all cases (and isn't very nice for any).

I'll see if I can get a new kit built for you which includes this fix. There was a regression in XML/JSON importing that I want to get fixed, but other than that, everything should be ready for release.

Tom

Claudia Báez

May 17, 2016, 12:25:08 PM5/17/16
to OpenRefine
Thank you for your answer, Tom.

I will wait for the new kit which includes this fix.

Claudia B.

Gorav Seth

May 17, 2016, 7:24:02 PM5/17/16
to OpenRefine
@claudia - the new kit is available, but for some reason not on the openrefine.org site downloads page, which has link to rc1 beta.

This page has link to 2.6 rc2
https://github.com/OpenRefine/OpenRefine/blob/master/README.md

@tom or anyone who manages openrefine.org - would be great for http://openrefine.org/download.html to point to the most recent version or to the github downloads page.

Gorav Seth

May 17, 2016, 7:38:05 PM5/17/16
to OpenRefine
Sorry misinterpreted - looks like an additional fix is in the works for non ASCII characters, but @Claudia i noticed that you said you are on rc1, so may be worth updating to rc2 anyways, I found it to be much better.

Download of rc1 on openrefine.org still applies.