New reconciliation services

Antonin Delpeuch (lists)

Oct 20, 2021, 4:06:06 AM10/20/21
to OpenRefine
Hello!

I just wanted to mention that a few new reconciliation services have
popped up recently on https://reconciliation-api.github.io/testbench/:

- the Ontotext Wikidata Location Reconciliation Service:
https://reconcile.ontotext.com/locations
(sounds exciting, I have not tried it yet but I can imagine it being
very useful!)

- the Brick reconciliation service, for Brick, a uniform metadata schema
for buildings (https://brickschema.org/):
https://reconciliation.brickschema.org/reconcile

- the Wikimedia Commons reconciliation service, developed by Eugene Egbe
as part of our project to integrate OpenRefine with Wikimedia Commons
(https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Project/CS%26S/Structured_Data_on_Wikimedia_Commons_functionalities_in_OpenRefine):
https://commonsreconcile.toolforge.org/en/api

Keep them coming!

Antonin

Parthasarathi Mukhopadhyay

Oct 20, 2021, 7:36:02 AM10/20/21
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Dear Antonin

Thanks for the update related to new reconciliation services in OpenRefine.

I immediately attempted Wikidata Location Reconciliation Service in OR 3.4.1, and it is rocking except the "Add column for reconciled values". There it is taking infinite time to provide suggestions (I first checked the entry in Wikidata and then tried by field name line "Coordinate"), and finally produced nothing.  Attaching images.

Regards
Screenshot from 2021-10-20 16-28-52.png
Screenshot from 2021-10-20 16-30-29.png

Antonin Delpeuch (lists)

Oct 20, 2021, 7:39:50 AM10/20/21
to openr...@googlegroups.com, Vladimir Alexiev
Great! I suspect that Vladimir Alexiev (Cc:) might be able to forward
your bug report to the right people :)

Antonin