Hello Group,

lynate niyo

Apr 5, 2022, 1:38:30 AM4/5/22
to OpenRefine
Am a computer science student,  new to this field an outreachy appllicant but whenever i try pushing my changes am denied access.
2. i worked on clustering and used tables. how do i connect the the finished table to the github, does it have to appear as a code? please need help.

any guidelines on clustering.

Screenshot open ref.png

Babi B

Apr 5, 2022, 12:51:25 PM4/5/22
to OpenRefine

Hello.

Could you share a screenshot of the error on your terminal/bash/command prompt?

lynate niyo

Apr 6, 2022, 2:52:50 AM4/6/22
to OpenRefine
i tried for Openrefine but in vain been trying others for some have been successful while others rejected. am goint to try one more time for openrefine.

Antoine Beaubien

Apr 6, 2022, 4:18:57 AM4/6/22
to OpenRefine
Hi Lynate,

   A few questions first:
  • on what operating system are you?
  • what version of Java you have?
  • at what stage are you stopped?
And like Babi said, a screen capture of your console would help a lot.

Regards,
   Antoine

lynate niyo

Apr 6, 2022, 6:16:09 AM4/6/22
to OpenRefine
I get errors trying to push my changes any help please.

also wanted to know do we have to create the tables from java with eclipse and other IDEs or openrefine in the blowser is enough?
Are meant to separate code form tables or we code to make the clusters.
sorry am new to the field but my main is Java.

Screenshot open ref.png
Screenshot open ref.png

lynate niyo

Apr 6, 2022, 6:21:33 AM4/6/22
to OpenRefine
Reply:
on what operating system are you?
what version of Java you have?
at what stage are you stopped?

Using windows 10
Am using Java 8
on pushing

i did the clustering with the openrefine app  am wondering am i supposed to upload the documents too?

lynate niyo

Apr 6, 2022, 6:22:33 AM4/6/22
to OpenRefine
errors pushing.png

Babi B

Apr 6, 2022, 7:17:57 AM4/6/22
to OpenRefine
Hello again. For the git error, it seems your origin is missing a reference to your fork. You could check this stackoverflow answer or this one. Hope they help.

You could also join gitter where most of the interns are. There you could get quick responses to your errors.

Antoine Beaubien

Apr 8, 2022, 6:32:34 PM4/8/22
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lynate,

  I'm not sure what table you are talking about.

  When you open OR, you can create a project, and you can import a CSV (or another format) into a table that is the main element of your new project. Is that the table you are talking about?
On the back-end, data is stored in files, and not a SQL database with SQL tables. So, there are no tables in the storing process, but the data values that compose the table of the project.

  I personally never really worked with an IDE, I work straight with a text editor. So no, it is not mandatory to use an IDE.

  For clustering, the back-end receives the command from an API request, and it computes the answer, and sends back a preview (more or less). This is the part that must be tweaked.

Regards,
   Antoine

lynate niyo

Apr 9, 2022, 3:04:37 AM4/9/22
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Antonie for this detailed explanation.
It's very helpful.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OpenRefine" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openrefine/CAOEY%2B_9CHBMqxeYRZSad58Twy%3DrxiFpABTkoXC07yKy4-MeF3Q%40mail.gmail.com.

lynate niyo

Apr 11, 2022, 12:32:00 AM4/11/22
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Haven't yet uploaded still working on edits.
I need to know is this the project we were supposed to work on as outreachy interns or do we need to do more in this field, or in other fields. ?
Please help me know if am still on track.
Openrefine NiyoLynaten Outreachy project.png

Babi B

Apr 11, 2022, 10:14:01 PM4/11/22
to OpenRefine
I don't know what project you're working on but if it is an open issue on the OpenRefine repo, then you're on track.

Most of the interns are on Gitter. There you could ask questions and get faster responses.

Antoine Beaubien

Apr 12, 2022, 1:34:33 AM4/12/22
to OpenRefine
Hi Lynate,

   As an participant in the Outreachy program, you are now here collaborating to learn how to contribute to a community opensource project like OpenRefine.

   Here, at OpenRefine, since more a few weeks, there is more than 50 peoples from Outreachy that came and started to contribute, like you. Among those, the coordinator, Antonin and me, we are going to choose TWO interns.
These two will choose ONE project each among the 3 projects we have. (Please see this page, the 3 projects are describe: https://www.outreachy.org/communities/cfp/openrefine/).

   Here, participant like you learn and contribute by going through the issues in the GitHub repository of OpenRefine, https://github.com/OpenRefine/OpenRefine/issues/, and choosing one they deam they will be able to work and complete (and that is not already assigned to some else).

   I strongly recommand you go through the technical documentation of OpenRefine. https://docs.openrefine.org/technical-reference/technical-reference-index

Regards,
   Antoine