Named-Entity Recognition Stanford NLP

Carolina Pacheco

Jul 16, 2022, 2:17:59 PM7/16/22
to OpenRefine
Hello community.
I'm doing a data cleansing with OpenRefine
I have installed the Named-entity recognition extension for entity identification, but I would also like to use the Stanford NLP option but in this part I don't know how to add this extension to OpenRefine.
Please can someone help me indicating how to do it.

Thanks
Presentación sin título.png

Owen Stephens

Jul 19, 2022, 4:36:50 AM7/19/22
to OpenRefine
Hi Carolina,

To use the Stanford NLP you need to have access to an NLP Service - this isn't part of OpenRefine but a separate service designed to do natural language processing. The way that the NER extension suggests doing this is to download the NLP software and run it yourself on your local computer - see the (very very brief) instructions at https://github.com/stkenny/Refine-NER-Extension#stanfordnlp

Once you have this running locally the NLP Service URL would be "http://localhost:9000"

I did try this some time ago (a few years ago I think) and I think it was pretty straightforward, so I hope you can get this up and running

Best wishes

Owen

Carolina Pacheco

Jul 22, 2022, 6:04:42 PM7/22/22
to OpenRefine
Thank you very much, it worked very well for me.

Best wishes
Carolina