Convert Timestamp to Date

damien henrotin

Nov 4, 2022, 7:54:56 AM11/4/22
to OpenRefine

Hi,

I have a number Timestamp to convert into UNIX date.

I try the solution give by Thad here : https://github.com/OpenRefine/OpenRefine/issues/608

Problem is: when I add my new column by fetching URL, percentage of work don't progress,, I think this API doesn't work anymore.

Can you confirm that ?

thanks

Owen Stephens

Nov 4, 2022, 8:06:46 AM11/4/22
to OpenRefine
Happily since 3.6 was released you can do this directly with the GREL

value.timeSinceUnixEpochToDate()

This works directly if the timestamp is in seconds since the unix epoch. If you have other units you can specify:
value.timeSinceUnixEpochToDate('second')
value.timeSinceUnixEpochToDate('millisecond')
value.timeSinceUnixEpochToDate('microsecond')

Best wishes

Owen

damien henrotin

Nov 4, 2022, 8:15:28 AM11/4/22
to OpenRefine
Oh very nice. I need to upgrade my version. How I know if I should take with or without embedded JRE version ?

Owen Stephens

Nov 4, 2022, 10:33:40 AM11/4/22
to OpenRefine
If you aren't sure then probably best to take the one with embedded JRE as it means you don't have to worry about any separate installation of Java

Best wishes

Owen