OpenRefine doesn't open

Lenka Raymanova

May 4, 2021, 10:10:55 AM5/4/21
to OpenRefine
Hello,
I downloaded 2 versions of the Open Refine (3.3 and 3.4.1.) and I cannot open none of them. I also downloaded Javascript. I tried all things that I found online and couldn't find the solution yet. Furthermore, I also uninstalled and installed the program again, but it also didn't help. Don't you know what could be the problem? It seems that something blocks the program to be opened.
Thank you so much for the advice.

Best regards
Lenka

Owen Stephens

May 11, 2021, 4:48:27 AM5/11/21
to OpenRefine
Unfortunately because every setup is different there can be several reasons why OpenRefine doesn't start successfully and there is no single answer or solution that will fix it.
To do analysis on a problem like this and offer potential solutions we really need more information such as:

Operating system
Version of OpenRefine (and if Windows did you use "with embedded Java" download option or not)
Any messages in the OpenRefine console (if you are running on a Mac you need to start OpenRefine in a different way to normal to get the console information - this is explained under the "Mac" instructions at https://docs.openrefine.org/manual/running#starting-and-exiting - see the bullet pointed list headed "To run OpenRefine using Terminal:"

This last is usually the place to start with troubleshooting as it will expose any obvious problems at least.