Upload into Wikibase

Jonas Schulz

Jun 7, 2021, 4:34:32 AM6/7/21
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

for a research project, we're trying to manage our data in a Wikibase
instance. While it's easily possible to reconcile against a Wikibase, I
don't see a way to create a Quickstatements-batch or directly upload to
a Wikibase instance other then Wikidata. Does anyone know how to get the
data out of OpenRefine into Wikibase?

Jonas

---
Jonas Schulz
Research Assistant
Chair for Digital Humanities (Images/Objects)
University of Jena

Antonin Delpeuch (lists)

Jun 7, 2021, 4:40:25 AM6/7/21
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jonas,

Have you tried OpenRefine 3.5-beta1? We have added support for this.

https://docs.openrefine.org/next/manual/wikibase/overview

https://openrefine.org/download.html

Antonin

Jonas Schulz

Jun 14, 2021, 3:52:37 AM6/14/21
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Antonin,

thank you very much for the suggestion, this looks like it's exactly
what I've been looking for. However, I find myself unable to create a
schema after reconciling. The reconciled columns do not have the green
line, that I'd expect after reconciling and I can't drag them to the
schema. Is that a known bug or do you have an idea what might be my mistake?

Jonas

---
Jonas Schulz
Research Assistant
Chair for Digital Humanities (Images/Objects)
University of Jena

Antonin Delpeuch (lists)

Jun 14, 2021, 8:08:00 AM6/14/21
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jonas,

This sounds like there is a mismatch between the reconciliation service
you used and the one that is mentioned in your Wikibase manifest. In
both places you should have the same "identifier space" and "schema space".

If you can share your Wikibase manifest and your reconciliation endpoint
it could potentially help us debug this.

Best,
Antonin