NDAA Section 889 Compliance for OpenRefine

George Diez

Jul 5, 2022, 4:08:11 PM7/5/22
to OpenRefine
Hi,

I am reaching out to request information on OpenRefine.

The NASA Goddard Space Flight Center Archives is seeking to upgrade to the most recent version of OpenRefine and needs confirmation that OpenRefine complies with Section 889 of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA)- specifically, that OpenRefine was not produced by the corporations Huawei, ZTE, Hytera, Dahua, Hikvision, or any of their subsidiaries or affiliates.

For the Section 889 compliance information, could you please confirm that  was OpenRefiine was not produced by the corporations Huawei, ZTE, Hytera, Dahua, Hikvision, or any of their subsidiaries or affiliates?

Software Name: OpenRefine
889 Compliant: Yes/No

Thanks,

George Diez, George (GSFC-272.0) [Select Federal]
Digital Projects Team Lead
NASA Goddard Space Flight Library

Thad Guidry

Jul 5, 2022, 4:34:46 PM7/5/22
to openr...@googlegroups.com, Joe Hand, Danielle Robinson
Hi George,

Since this question involves a legal compliance question from NASA, I have added to CC our legal representative. CS&S  Code for Science & Society who can respond appropriately.

Danielle or Joe?

Diez, George (GSFC-272.0)[Select Federal]

Jul 5, 2022, 4:36:10 PM7/5/22
to openr...@googlegroups.com, Joe Hand, Danielle Robinson

Thanks Thad, Everyone.

Diez, George (GSFC-272.0)[Select Federal]

Jul 6, 2022, 10:36:17 AM7/6/22
to Joe Hand, openr...@googlegroups.com, Danielle Robinson, Fsp

Awesome; thanks.

I can confirm that CS&S and OpenRefine have no relationship with the companies listed or any subsidiaries or affiliates.

Joe Hand | he/him

Director of Operations

Joe Hand

Jul 6, 2022, 12:29:15 PM7/6/22