A .NET client implementation for the OpenRefine API

Anthony Del Rosario

May 26, 2021, 12:54:37 AM5/26/21
to OpenRefine
Hi everyone!

I just published a new OpenRefine API Client implementation for the .NET platform.

If you are interested you can take a look in here: https://github.com/ADelRosarioH/OpenRefine.Net

Your feedback will be very much appreciated.

Also, this is my first open source project, if there is any improvement I could make feel free to share it.

Thank you!

Best, Anthony

Thad Guidry

May 26, 2021, 7:51:54 AM5/26/21
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for doing this Anthony!
Did you have a real need to integrate with .NET applications? What was the motivation and your background?

Curious,
Thad

Anthony Del Rosario

May 26, 2021, 9:17:00 AM5/26/21
to OpenRefine
Hi Thad!

I working on a side project that scraps some data and do some pdf parsing and I also need to clean and format such data, OpenRefine was the obvious choice after doing research of the perfect tool for the job.

I tried using the OpenRefine Python Client but I wanted to use python 3 and there's still no support, there's a PR open and I could even make a PR myself to make that feature but I'm not that proficient in python.
I tried using the Node and Java clients but I didn't get them to work with the latest version of OpenRefine, I also found a .NET client in the nuget package manager, but didn't work.

With this implementation my goal was to build a .NET client with updated tech with support for the latest OpenRefine version.

I'm a Software Engineer from Dominican Republic with 8+ years of experience building .NET applications, here's my resume for more info ;)

Thank you for you interest Thad!

Best, Anthony

Thad Guidry

May 26, 2021, 9:30:49 AM5/26/21
to openr...@googlegroups.com
That's fantastic Anthony.
Welcome aboard to OpenRefine and stay around to help!  We need great contributors such as yourself.
Many thanks for your work!