help translate OpenRefine's user survey!

Sandra Fauconnier

Mar 23, 2022, 7:51:42 AM3/23/22
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Very soon, we want to do a fresh edition of OpenRefine's two-yearly user survey. We are very curious to learn more about the way in which you currently use OpenRefine, and about your needs.

This year, for the first time, we would like to distribute a multilingual survey, in order to reach more international OpenRefine users around the world. For this purpose, we are now doing the survey via the platform LimeSurvey, which provides translation facilities.

Who would like to help translate the survey - from English to a language you master well?
It would be great if we can get translations in widely spoken languages including Spanish, Portuguese, French, Chinese, Japanese...

How do I sign up?
Please send an email (off list) to me (Sandra Fauconnier san...@openrefine.org), telling me in which language(s) you want to translate the survey. I will send you all the instructions then.

How long does this take?
I have translated the survey to my native language, Dutch, in a bit more than 30 minutes. I already knew the questions, so you may need a bit longer.
Several people can work on one language, so you can divide the work.

By when do you need the translation?
It would be great if we can publish the survey in April! So preferably all translations would be collected by, approximately, April 10 (or earlier).

Many thanks in advance, and happy refining!
Sandra

--
Sandra Fauconnier (she/her)
Project Director, OpenRefine

Sandra Fauconnier

Apr 4, 2022, 4:35:33 AM4/4/22
to OpenRefine
Hello everyone!

Reminding all of this request. We have a few enthusiastic people translating the survey to Spanish (thank you!), but more translations to other widely spoken languages are welcome!

Feel free to reach out to me privately / off list and I will send you the instructions.

Cheers!
Sandra