Adding inverse statements to Wikidata via OpenRefine - is it possible?

Helen Williams

Apr 27, 2022, 2:36:41 AM4/27/22
to OpenRefine

Hi all,

 Is there a way to add inverse statements as part of an OpenRefine upload to Wikidata?

For example – I am creating a batch of Wikidata items for the authors of doctoral theses.

For some of the data I have details of the author’s doctoral advisor, which I can add as part of the upload, but I get a warning that I am missing the inverse P185 relationship on the existing doctoral advisor Qid.

Is there a way to add this data as part of this upload – or would it have to be done manually afterwards?

 Thanks in advance for any ideas or advice.

 Best wishes

Helen

Owen Stephens

Apr 27, 2022, 8:44:28 AM4/27/22
to OpenRefine
Hi Helen

Yes - this should be possible - in your project you'll need to have reconciled entries for both the theses and the advisors, an then in your wikidata schema you just will need to add both items (click the "add item" option in the schema) and make the first item the thesis with the advisor property, and make the second item the advisor with the P185 property.

Hope that makes sense and helps

Best wishes

Owen

Message has been deleted

Helen Williams

May 16, 2022, 9:51:08 AM5/16/22
to OpenRefine
Hi Owen
I thought I'd replied to this, but now can't see that I did, so apologies for the delay.
I've just got this to work - thanks for the advice!
Helen