Reconciliation service in C#/.net

Zaki Natsheh

Jan 5, 2020, 4:44:42 PM1/5/20
to OpenRefine
Hi All,

Am trying to build a reconciliation service using C#, I've build a web service that returns the schema when called by open refine (followed the rules in the documentation)
but when trying to connect the service to open-refine I get a time-out
any samples that I can look at ?

am doing this for an educational project, my idea is to create a new service that tries reconciling authors against 3 different services and combines the results to achieve the best data enrichment
so any help in this field is welcomed as well

Thanks a lot

Antonin Delpeuch (lists)

Jan 5, 2020, 11:50:37 PM1/5/20
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Zaki,

I suspect this might be due to not implementing JSONP properly?
When your service is called with the "callback=" GET parameter, you
should return your JSON payload surrounded by the callback name.

For instance, calling
http://localhost:8000/reconcile?callback=foo1234

should return

foo1234({"identifierSpace":…, "schemaSpace"…});

See https://reconciliation-api.github.io/specs/0.1/#cross-origin-access
and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JSONP

Alternatively, you might be able to use OpenRefine 3.3 rc1, which I am
hoping to release today, where CORS will be supported. This is a cleaner
cross-origin access solution as it only requires you to set the
appropriate headers (see the specs).

Antonin