Importing a 2d JSON Array doesn't seams to work

Antoine Beaubien

May 1, 2022, 3:19:35 AM5/1/22
to OpenRefine
I'm trying to import a 2 dimentions JSON Array,

[
  ["A", "B"],
  ["A1", "B1"]
]

But it seams that I can't select any Array as a record path. Couldn't a record be an Array, and not just an Object?

Regards,
   Antoine

Thad Guidry

May 1, 2022, 9:53:20 PM5/1/22
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Yes it could, (in real life), (even in JSON), but not in OpenRefine currently.
Talk to Antonin about this more in the openrefine-dev mailing list and his thoughts and mine on records in OpenRefine.

JSON is built on two structures:

  • A collection of name/value pairs. In various languages, this is realized as an object, record, struct, dictionary, hash table, keyed list, or associative array.
  • An ordered list of values. In most languages, this is realized as an array, vector, list, or sequence.

Antoine Beaubien

May 1, 2022, 10:32:18 PM5/1/22
to OpenRefine
There is probably an issue burried somewhere in the 620 currently opened since 2012… ;-)

Thanks for the input. I'll restreint myself on our couragous Outrearchy applicant… ;-) Anyway, this can easilly be solved by the clevous and ingienious work of jq, applyed before import.

Regards,
   Antoine