Data-Management

Ufuk Sümer

Jul 12, 2022, 6:50:54 PM7/12/22
to OpenRefine
Hello, I have a question about Openrefine, I have Databank in Excel/Word. What I want to import  these Datas in OpenRefine and that is possible but I want to export these Datas from OpenRefine to my Wikidatabase. Is that possible?

Antoine Beaubien

Jul 13, 2022, 4:40:22 PM7/13/22
to OpenRefine
Hi Ufuk,

   Yes, OpenRefine can easilly import CSV, or even Excel files.

   And, may I say, OpenRefine is probably the best tool to push data to a wikibase instance.
You will have to create a manifest for your wikibase. You can find examples here: https://github.com/OpenRefine/wikibase-manifests

Regards,
   Antoine

Ufuk Sümer

Jul 14, 2022, 1:14:54 AM7/14/22
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Antoine and thanks for your answer.

Best regards
Ufuk

Von meinem Huawei-Telefon gesendet

Von: Antoine Beaubien <ant...@beaubien.qc.ca>
Datum: Mi., 13. Juli 2022, 22:40
An: OpenRefine <openr...@googlegroups.com>
Betreff: [OpenRefine] Re: Data-Management

Ufuk Sümer

Jul 14, 2022, 4:55:54 AM7/14/22
to openr...@googlegroups.com
hi Antoine again, i tried to understand, how i should write a manifesto to my wikibase but i couldnt.
Could you explain me please, how i should prepare it. I use Visual Studio Code, and there I can write json codes but i didnt get or find it, where i use my wikibase-URL address or why are we writing the codes, that we wrote for manifest?

Antonin Delpeuch (lists)

Jul 14, 2022, 5:34:59 AM7/14/22
to openr...@googlegroups.com

Some useful links:

https://docs.openrefine.org/manual/wikibase/configuration#for-wikibase-administrators

https://openrefine-wikibase.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

And Lozana wrote documentation on top of that, but I cannot find it anymore. I guess it is a good case for integrating it into the official documentation.

Antonin

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OpenRefine" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openrefine/CAN5h1XLMm3D_4Eco8V61HBgYZK3zh6GxSSF%3DcFGR_eJAktFJzA%40mail.gmail.com.

Ufuk Sümer

Jul 20, 2022, 3:47:22 AM7/20/22
to OpenRefine
Hi Antoine  again, I created my manifest.json-Text but the problem is I dont know how to find the properties of my wikibase?  I just wrote a random number, thats why I get an error "invalid manifest"
My Text :
{
 "version": "1.0",
"mediawiki": {
"name": "name",
"root": "https://name/entity/wiki/",
 "main_page": "https://name/entity/wiki/Main_Page",
  "api": "https://name/entity/w/api.php"},

"wikibase":{
     "site_iri": "https://name/entity/",
      "maxlag" : 5,
      "properties": {
      "instance_of": "P50",
      "subclass_of": "P279"
    },
}}
Do you know how I can find the properties (instance_of and subclass_of)?

best regards
ufuk

Antonin Delpeuch (lists)

Jul 20, 2022, 3:56:27 AM7/20/22
to openr...@googlegroups.com

Hi Ufuk,

You should be able to list all the properties in your Wikibase instance using "SpecialPage:AllPages".

For instance: https://edtf.wikibase.wiki/wiki/Special:AllPages?from=&to=&namespace=122

OpenRefine is designed to work with Wikibase instances which use properties which play the same role as "instance of"/"subclass of" in Wikidata. If your Wikibase instance does not use such properties you could create some, or explain us why you are not using such a system and how OpenRefine should support it.

Best,

Antonin

Ufuk Sümer

Jul 20, 2022, 4:20:43 AM7/20/22
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Antoine for your answer, that helps a lot, I'm an Intern at a company and try to find a way to send the datas from excel to our database (wikibase).
I entered random numbers while I chose the namespace as property but it doesnt work. That means, that our wikibase doesnt support instance_of/subclass_of?

properties.png

Antoine Beaubien

Jul 22, 2022, 1:42:57 AM7/22/22
to OpenRefine
I think you should talk to the people that setup your wikibase. It would be most suprising that your didn't have at least the property « instance of ». It's like the type property. Sub-class serves as a hierarchy to the type.

By the way, the most useful answers in this thread have been given to you by AntoNIN, whereas I'm AntoINE. ;-) Pretty close though. ;-)

Good Luck,
   Antoine

Ufuk Sümer

Jul 22, 2022, 2:23:18 AM7/22/22
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Antoine,

I'm sorry for the name:)  I learned that we use graph database, that's why we dont use properties but the query take place via sets and graph-mining.
However we can introduce the instance_of and subclass_of as a normal properties. But I dont now how?   That's all what I learned. Im trying to find it out.

Thanx for your help Antoine and Antonin:)
Ufuk

Dennis Diefenbach

Jul 22, 2022, 3:42:16 PM7/22/22
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Hi, we imported instance of and subclass of using WikibaseSync:

The local properties look like:

I’m not sure how it is supposed to be without these properties. Antoine can for sure help.

Also I guess you need them only if you need the reconciliation service I guess. And this you need to set up separately.

Salut
D063520

Ufuk Sümer

Jul 22, 2022, 4:17:13 PM7/22/22