Installing on MacOS Big Sur beta11.0 20A5364e: no mountable file systems

Tom Roper

Sep 12, 2020, 5:12:02 AM9/12/20
to OpenRefine
I'm trying to install OpenRefine on the MacOS Big Sur beta. Having overcome the security hurdle, when I try to open the disk image I get this message: open refine-mac-3.4.d no mountable file systems
Usually this can be overcome by a restart or by redownloading the file, but in this case neither works. Has anyone successfully installed on the BigSur beta, please?

Tom Morris

Sep 15, 2020, 5:13:33 PM9/15/20
to openr...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Sep 12, 2020 at 5:12 AM Tom Roper <tom....@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm trying to install OpenRefine on the MacOS Big Sur beta. Having overcome the security hurdle, when I try to open the disk image I get this message: open refine-mac-3.4.d no mountable file systems
Usually this can be overcome by a restart or by redownloading the file, but in this case neither works. Has anyone successfully installed on the BigSur beta, please?

I'm not usually willing to tempt fate with Apple betas on my development machine. It's likely another security change, but hard to guess what exactly.

Let us know if you get it working!

Tom

Tom Roper

Sep 16, 2020, 5:06:37 AM9/16/20
to OpenRefine
Ah well, fortunately I have nothing pressing to do using OpenRefine. I'll wait. Big Sur hasn't been released with the iOS etc updates today, so may come later this autumn: perhaps OpenRefine will support it then

John Graybeal

Jun 29, 2021, 2:37:02 AM6/29/21
to OpenRefine
DId you ever get it working on Big Sur? I can't make it work and can't find any evidence that anyone has done so.