OpenRefine fails to launch, error message pops up and closes too fast to read

Molly K

Jul 29, 2021, 2:47:52 PM7/29/21
to OpenRefine
Hello,

I was running a workshop at my college today and I was attempting to help some staff install and run OpenRefine on their school computers. Once the file was opened, the diamond icon would come up on their app dock and a black error message would quickly flash, then it would close again. This only occurred with computers running Windows 10 for Education. The embedded Java version and regular windows kits both had the same issue. I'd appreciate any help I could get with this, as my google searches have not provided a fix.

Thanks so much!
Molly Kuchler