I have this issue and I can't fix it. Java is up to date.

sleepy smol

Feb 11, 2021, 10:19:01 AM2/11/21
to OpenRefine

or.JPG

Tom Morris

Feb 11, 2021, 10:32:34 AM2/11/21
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but we'll need a lot more information to be able to help you.

To start with, what steps you took to get to the above screen, plus what versions you are running of:
- OpenRefine (& whether you chose a kit with an embedded Java)
- operating system (type + version)
- browser (type + version)
- Java

Regards,
Tom

On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 10:19 AM sleepy smol <jenn...@gmail.com> wrote:

or.JPG

sleepy smol

Feb 11, 2021, 4:56:26 PM2/11/21
to OpenRefine
Hi!
I'm running OpenRefine 3.4.1 without embedded Java. My operating system is Windows 10. My browser is Firefox 85 and I'm running Java 8.0.2810.9 and have Java JRE installed as well.

Jenny

Thad Guidry

Feb 11, 2021, 5:14:37 PM2/11/21
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jenny,

I've seen this happen when OpenRefine cannot read from the default workspace directory.
Or that it could not write to your configured data dir https://docs.openrefine.org/manual/installing#set-where-data-is-stored

Can you provide the console log output for us?  It usually will tell us what the local path is configured to, or mention that it had a problem read/writing to that path.

sleepy smol

Feb 11, 2021, 7:23:43 PM2/11/21
to OpenRefine
Hi Thad,