OpenRefine incorrectly parses my TSV

Eric Buckenmeyer

Apr 9, 2021, 11:35:59 PM4/9/21
to OpenRefine
Hello everyone!

I recently uploaded a TSV file to OpenRefine, only to find that for some reason, it shifted values several columns over from where they should be. I exported the data to a .xslx file where it would be easier to see what was wrong, but all the data was in the correct columns in Excel. I decided to try to upload the .xslx file in case that somehow fixed the problem, but OpenRefine won't accept it, returning an error that tells me to check the file type. Has anyone else encountered problems like these? Does anyone have any ideas on how I might fix the issues? Thanks!

Eric

Tom Morris

Apr 10, 2021, 8:00:00 PM4/10/21
to openr...@googlegroups.com
It's pretty much impossible to offer any help or suggestions without specifics. Obviously TSV & Excel files work for many people, so if there is a problem it's likely data dependent.

Can you share the file or a subset of it that demonstrates the problem? If so, please open a bug report here and attach the file: https://github.com/OpenRefine/OpenRefine/issues

Tom

Eric Buckenmeyer

Apr 12, 2021, 9:07:33 PM4/12/21
to openr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the information! I will share my files in a bug report once I have the spare time.

Eric

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "OpenRefine" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openrefine/CAE9vqEH%3DyveZNXbMqXi3raW4eS2jL%3DMFAU1RGEy2wgq5%3DWotCQ%40mail.gmail.com.